Capture the first day’s of your baby’s life. It’s a time full of milestones that pass in the blink of an eye: their first time meeting family members, first bath, first feed, coming home for the first time. Preserve those memories forever (and have something to look back on during those sleepless nights!) with a documentary photography session.
Here’s a slideshow I put together for a family recently.
Freya was born at RPA Hospital in Sydney’s Inner West. We did a session in the hospital (sometimes called a “Fresh 48“) and then a session of her parents bringing her home.
You can now book your own “Newborn Story” Documentary Photoshoot!
Starting at $150
A 90-minute session in which I can come to the hospital, your home, and/or document you bringing your baby home. Sessions can include additional family members, any milestone moments, and of course, all the little details of your baby’s first days in the world!
- Gallery of 50+ hi-res digital images
- Custom slideshow video
- Optional custom birth announcement
- Full discretion over which (if any) photos are shared online
- You can book several shoots over multiple days as well at a rate of $150 per 90-minute shoot
What are the differences (and benefits!) of a documentary-style session?
- You don’t need to go anywhere – I come to you.
- There’s no posing, no pressure to dress up and do your hair when frankly – you’ve got enough going on after giving birth!
- I don’t believe in photoshopping babies to look like dolls or posing them in baskets like objects. Your baby is perfect just how they were born and the perfect place for them is in your arms.
- You get to remember the real details, exactly as they were: the way your baby goes cross-eyed when she does a poo or the way your partner has to feed you snacks during yet another breastfeeding session or the way your mum cries the first time she holds her new grandchild. All the little things that make this such a unique time in your life.
- I bring a sensitivity to my approach due to my own background. I had a traumatic first birth and suffered from severe postnatal anxiety. As a result I hardly have any photos of my daughter’s first days. I’d love to show you that even if life is feeling completely overwhelming and turned upside down that there’s so much beauty in this time. And I’m also ready with a pack of tissues and shoulder to cry on if you need it too!
Book your shoot today – even if your baby is not brand new out of the womb – I love photographing babies of any age!
Contact me here to enquire!
I’m happy to chat by phone or email prior to booking and answer any questions.